It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Login with a social network:

Dynasty Feature Discussion

The place to share your Total Extreme Wrestling dairies, game updates, streams and channels with other users.
Post a forum thread to share your diaries or hype your own dynasty blog which take part in the Diary of the Month Competition.
Worker avatar

Dynasty: View Dynasty (7)

Dynasty Feature Discussion

Post by Lucas » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:15 am » { SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK }Share on TwitterShare on Google

You may notice that the Dynasty Feature page if you were looking at it tonight suffered from some errors as we were testing a change in functionality, based on some feedback (actually from GDS).

Previously, it displayed all recent posts (limit being, 100). This has now changed as it was deemed confusing.

The change is that it now only displays one post per user, and their latest post. This is currently limited to 100. If we get more than 100 authors I will increase the limit so it displays everyone.

We'd really like to generate some discussion on the feature itself, so if anybody has anything to comment on at all please do so in this thread.
Head Administrator of Wrestling Nexus Boards.

Worker avatar

Re: Dynasty Feature Discussion

Post by The Final Countdown » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:41 am

That seems like a really good idea that should make the section much easier to browse, especially for someone like me who is so accustomed to the setup on GDS.

Worker avatar

Post by Lucas » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:52 am

That's the general idea and something I wanted to make easy for people, but at the same time improve the reading experience.

Readers won't see straight away from this how many posts they are behind but they can always subscribe to a diary using the subscribe icon or catch up through viewing the main diary.

Worker avatar

Post by justin.taylor » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:48 am

Just to make sure I'm doing this right.

When I click a dynasty, it's only gonna show the OP writer's latest post? So then you'd click inside that to the "Read My Diary" post to catch up?

It does look much better today, but this still seems like slightly a lot of effort for something that's usually very point and clickey.

And when you get into the entire thread, it's backward, meaning last post first, first post last, right?

If I can just wrap my brain around how it's supposed to work, I'll be fine.

Also, the "new post" indicators are a very welcome sight. It's much easier to at least have an idea of where to look when something shiny is prompting you, am I right?

Worker avatar

Post by justin.taylor » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:58 am

Please, ignore me.

I think it's just that there are so many forums on here.

It could also be the weed.

I did find my stuff via the wonderful "View your posts" link up top.

Worker avatar

Post by Lucas » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:19 am

Yeah. If people prefer the list showing oldest first rather than newest when you look at someone's diary, then I can do that.

Hope you understand where this feature goes and why it's more beneficial in some ways. It's definitely going to be easier once more content goes up for sure.

Please keep it coming and I will be updating my diary this week :)

Worker avatar

Post by justin.taylor » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:14 pm

I dig it, and why it works how it does. I'm just trying to get ahead of tbe curve and be helpful if possible.

More content will definately help.

Worker avatar

Post by Lucas » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:32 am

Some more changes tonight based on feedback in the WN main forum, and something I wanted to do to better emulate GDS:

The Diary posts now have your Diary title as their name on the Dynasty Page.

The Links were also flipped, so the main link views the whole of your diary, and the bottom link for just the latest post.

Only caveat to this is it does mean that if you do not set a Diary title from your Control Panel, it will not display on the Dynasties page. This has now been added to the top of the message as an extra warning message.

So for people like TheRybolt they will need to fix this up in their control panel in order for it to show on the Dynasties index page for the time being.

Will look into changing if it becomes an issue.

Please note that now this means some areas of Dynasties are not working as they once were, again this is due to the changes that needed to be made in order for the Diary titles to be shown on the Index (something I really wanted). Broken features have now been removed to polish the section up.

Keep the feedback coming.

Worker avatar

Post by Lucas » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:39 pm

Based on feedback, some further changes have been made:

• Clicking on the diary now shows the diary from the beginning / first post.
  • The number of posts on the user's diary page has been increased.
  • Improved Indexing layout and removed month separators.

Hopefully now it'll be easier reading a diary for newcomers. If the number of posts on a diary seems too much, please feedback on this .

Topic prefixes:

Return to Fantasy Booking