It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Login with a social network:

New wrestling booking sim

The place to discuss the world of wrestling in general.

New wrestling booking sim

Post by ewanite » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:39 pm » { SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK }Share on TwitterShare on Google

Hey folks, I figured I'd post here since I don't wanna rock the boat in GDS. I've been helping with a wrestling sim game that you'd probably be interested in. We're hoping to have it released by the end of the year with Windows, Mac and Linux support, and possibly iOS/Android tablet support down the line. We also hope to have a database editor shortly before launch to encourage mod makers to create alternative worlds to our fantasy world. Here's some screenshots of what we have so far :

Opinions and ideas are welcome, and I'll try to post updates now and again in here too!

Dynasty: View Dynasty (16)

Re: New wrestling booking sim

Post by alvarasus » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:25 am

Hey how is this coming? You guys got a name for the game yet?

Worker avatar

Post by TsuMirren » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:56 pm

They could always just call it Wrestling.

Looks a clean simple interface, which would be perfect for tablet etc though skins would be needed on PC. If they get enough actual wrestling features in, don't base the workings of the game around a fantasy verse, provide a user's manual and have customer service that isn't straight out of North Korea then they could be on to a winner.

Post by ewanite » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:55 am

Quick update: Still trucking along, actual jobs obviously make this a slower process, and this is such a niche that I doubt we could get it Kickstarted to do it full time. Just finished up the automatic worker creation, and we're currently working on the hiring and firing AI for other promotions. After that, the priority is on the booking engine: allowing the AI to book shows, tweaking the engine to account for worker relationships, chemistry, etc.

Skinning the game should be incredibly easy to implement - the game runs using Electron, so the styling is all done with CSS. That should allow for some very interesting styling options for modders.

Return to The Dirt Sheet