It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Login with a social network:

[TEW2016] Minimal Viable Product

Discuss our various mods here, or talk about other mods!
Worker avatar

Dynasty: View Dynasty (7)

[TEW2016] Minimal Viable Product

Post by Sevestra » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:52 pm » { SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK }Share on TwitterShare on Google

Post lifted from the GDS thread here.

Minimal Viable Product was created as a database seeking to contain the absolute minimum required to create an organic database. It was more of an experiment largely inspired by i effin rule's Effganic database. Now it's a fully blown organic mod in its own right.

Starting in 1960 with one company, two workers (1 user) and other fun stuff, MVP is more barebones and freeform than Effganic, meaning the universe can literally go anywhere, yet it is still packed with features! With narratives to kick off the world of wrestling, Cornellverse, Local and Custom broadcasters, fully organic companies and other fun stuff, Minimal Viable Product should be your go to mod for organic save files! And yes, the name IS a startup culture reference, I've been involved in one before. :P

Original post describing my thought process below.

sevestra wrote:After seeing that the wrestling universe can pretty much run itself with generated companies, alliances, workers, generic arenas, organic bios and various other fun stuff, it has gotten me thinking. What is the absolute MINIMUM database required to begin an organic mod with? I played the heck out of Effganic 1920 back with TEW 2013, so that is going to be an obvious inspiration.

But now onto my point. What about a database that is even more empty than Effganic's TEW2013 database was? No locations, one company, one worker and pretty much nothing else but the basic angles, match types and such. Of course, we will need broadcasters, but I think having tiny broadcasters start around the beginning of TV and eventually moving on to start enormous globe spanning broadcasters while keeping the small ones could be a way to go.

Starting in 1920 would be the most likely option, with a normal wrestling world, average economy and industry and average but wildly variant trends. I'll probably start writing the mod now and get the plans going. I don't intend to have pictures unless someone offers to make them because I am a terrible artist.

Anyway, I'm playing the hell out of the demo, but it's nowhere near long enough to test this crazy idea with, and I won't have money to buy TEW 2016 until a week after launch.

Anyway, first post in a long time, been lurking for years though. Just couldn't be bothered logging in and posting untiil now. haha

I'll most likely post more about the initial company and its owner later on, but be aware it's going to be a self insert of sorts, because reasons. :P

DOWNLOAD (4.0 - Dec 27, 2016 9:00am GMT) Now on MEGA!
GRAPHICS Thanks to WillyWillyWilly!

I highly recommend you set Worker Generation to Extremely High and keep it there for the entire save. With organic mods you can NEVER have too many wrestlers.

This mod is free to use as a base for other mods so long as I am given credit. This mod also partially uses the Cornellverse and fully uses the Manly Mod of Manliness by sockpuppet.
Last edited by Sevestra on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:02 am, edited 16 times in total.

Worker avatar

Re: Minimal Viable Product

Post by Sevestra » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:27 pm

Right, I'm not happy with the way broadcasters are set up... At all. So I'm going to be creating my own ones in the hope of creating a decent broadcaster setup for my eventual universe mod. This will take a couple of days, and cease my watcher diary here. I didn't really have time for that anyway. haha

Watch this space.

EDIT: 2.1 is done and posted. It features new custom broadcasters, with a media group per nation. More are needed, but this should do for now.

Worker avatar

Post by Sevestra » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:42 am

2.2 is out after a longish hiatus.

Changelog:
JKP now has $2.5m instead of $100k. James is a millionaire after all. haha
James Knight now has a proper bio, not an organic one.
James Knight also has max respect so he can be a locker room leader by default. Also, he founded the damn sport, how does he not deserve it? :P
Minor text fixes. Because I can't speel. XP

Link in the OP to be updated. If WillyWillyWilly agrees to logo redistribution, I'll put that into a separate pack.

Worker avatar

Post by Sevestra » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:51 am

I'm on a roll guys. Yet another HUUUGE update. 3.0 now. Should be virtually complete now. Any hassles though, post them here.

Changelog:
More broadcaster networks. An additional smaller sports one and two cult equivalents.
Speaking of broadcasters, I removed the free-to-air internet ones because the internet already exists in game. Subscription and PPV remain.
Also, all conventional TV broadcatsers have moved to opening in Jan 1950. This means that all; TV is open fron game start. Much easier to grow this way.
On the topic of new opening times, internet stuff opens in 2000 now. No narratives available for that yet, but they're planned for the net as well as PPV.
More text fixes. Still can't speel. :P
Economy is now Average and Rising, so there's not a huge penalty to growth at game start/
Nihon Shi is obviously fixed for opening time, seeing it was 1910 for some reason. Also it's commercial now. I'll need to double check is production is set correctly though. EDIT: It is correct.

Link in the OP is updated. :P

EDIT: 3.1 is out, fixes some broadcaster annoyances and does some balancing on those. OP updated again.
EDIT 2: And now 3.2 because Australia Network 3 had a size problem. This should be the absolute last update in this spree for now.
EDIT 3: 3.3 is out. Broadcasters still had issues. All solved now, just triple checked.
EDIT 4: 3.3 reuploaded, There was a packing error in the zip for some reason.
EDIT 5: 3.4 is done. Finally fixed the last niggling balance issues and also some errors in my editing. Done now.
EDIT 6: 3.5 is out. Another smaller PPV group, fixing of UK TV and alloeing local broadcasters to cover outside home.
EDIT 7: Graphics are now available. Just the JKP logo for now, but I intend to get more.

Worker avatar

Post by Sevestra » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:00 am

4.0 is out with a bunch of changes I've forgotten. This should be the final version.

Topic prefixes:

Return to Mod Discussion